Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Giant Mirror

I have a giant mirror in my room at my guesthouse of which is aptly named L'Amore.  The guesthouse, not the mirror.

Right.  Of course I'm here without Jon, so normally where a giant mirror is kind of fun in a room you rent, unfortunately, living with one is kind of torture.  The mirror is roughly 6ft long and 3 ft high.  It's hung low of course, because I live in Vietnam, aka Munchkinland, minus the awesome baby-like men with beards.  Their faces are mainly hairless here.  Anyhow, I can't see my head unless I'm sitting on the bed.  However, at all times I can see myself from the shoulders down.  Ya know sometimes, you REALLY don't want to do that!

Minor problems:
I freak myself out at night when I catch things out of the corner of my eye.  Is this room haunted or do I have floaters in my retinas?  Thank God I'm so nearsighted or I would wake up and just see my reflection in the giant mirror.  That would be a rude awakening!

Major problems:  Ummm....you know when you're in the fitting room trying on clothes in bad lighting?  Well basically in my room it's like that ALL the time.  If I look too far to the left when I'm eating (while sitting in bed), I feel like I'm on Animal Planet.

Positives:  The obvious is the room looks bigger.  Duh.  Also, I know if there's any kind of lint on my booty.  Also, I can blue tack things to it, without worrying about damaging the wall paint.  Score.

3 comments:

  1. linda, you crack me up. i loved your reference to animal planet. sorry to hear you had to throw rocks at a man after your friend was groped! i probably would have chased after him!

    hope you're well overall and things are good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats my girl, throwing rocks at people, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the reference to "baby-like men with beards"! I have never liked having a mirror in my own rooms, yet we have one in our bedroom. It sits kind of high, though, so I don't see our reflections when we are sleeping, but I avoid looking at it for fear of seeing something staring back in the middle of the night! Show some pics of your guest house, I'd love to see your new digs! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave a comment!