Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cambodge

Headed out the Angkor Wat, on a perfect evening in Siem Reap Cambodia.  It was wonderful to get out of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam for a few days and enjoy some seriously old temples.  Siem Reap is charming, quiet and a wonderful experience for anyone that's wanting to explore Southeast Asia.  The people are lovely, and a surprising amount speak really clear English.  The food is fresh and delightful.  Plus, for a country that has had such a sad and dark history, it's nice to see an opportunity to share in their culture and contribute financially to their economic growth.

Okay now back to the fun stuff!

For Jon and I this was our first vacation away together.  We'd both taken trips on our own and originally I was planning to go to Cambodia alone, but Jon couldn't resist and decided to come with me.  I was ecstatic and we had a lovely time.

  Us in the tuk tuk on our way!



 The steps were that steep, seriously!
The jungle is still trying to take back the land.  One day it just might do it.



 Yes, of course we did sunrise at Angkor Wat, it's an absolute must.


I have so many more pictures of this amazing trip.  Sorry I can't post them all.

Cheers!

1 comment:

I'd love for you to leave a comment!