Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ruthless or restless

I'm feeling the urge to make a massive sweep of the apartment and downsize.

Perhaps it's to psych myself up for my move in April when Jon goes back-packing.  I'll be moving into a guesthouse, and will plan on only taking the necessary items.   After two months, I'm meeting Jon in Bali, Indonesia and from there I currently have NO idea where I am heading next, but.. I am NOT,  I repeat, am NOT coming back to Vietnam.

After Tet, I'm going to mail home all of the wall hangings and various trinkets that I will have gathered from Vietnam, China, Cambodia, Thailand, and Malaysia.  Currently, I'm just keeping the apartment intact for when Jon's Mom visits, but afterwards I will dump everything.

Clothing, books, dishes, cutlery, hair bobs, cosmetics, papers, make up etc.

I think I get this from my dad.  Or perhaps the purging down to essentials just makes me feel lighter.  Less tied down to anything, and it appeals to my restless nature.  I don't want to spend much more time here in Vietnam, and so I think this is my way to mentally confirm to myself that I don't want to sign up for another year.  There are other options, and I only have one life to live, so my time is precious.  I won't waste time on places that I don't want to be and crap that I don't need weighing me down.

As I learned growing up from all of our moves, it's this:  If it doesn't fit it doesn't go.

I think this applies to all kinds of nouns.  People, places or things

2 comments:

I'd love for you to leave a comment!